Monday, May 22, 2006

How's My Engrish?



Don't forget wockstood!

I was reminded the other day of a web site I used to check regularly for a chuckle: Engrish.com. Now, those of you who know me should not need a disclaimer, but just in case, this web site is not meant to mock or ridicule English language learners; it just shows English mistakes printed in Japan, usually on products. Apparently, according to the webmaster, English is more fun and current to use on pop culture products, because there are more fonts available, and it looks contemporary for the Japanese youth. For some reason I thought our friend Jim would particularly get a kick out of this.

2 comments:

Steph said...

One of Jim's favorite lines from a movie is "Aren't you going to wish me a good fright?" from Lost in Translation. They're in Japan... It's funny.

Jim said...

Ha! One of my favorite drinks in Japan was called "Pocari Sweat." I have no idea what "Pocari" means, but then again, maybe I don't want to know.