Thursday, September 21, 2006

365 days ago...

...I was in serious labor, sitting in the hospital, having frequent and painful contractions, assuming that our baby's birthday would be September 21. He evidently needed a little more cooking in the oven, because he didn't come until the next day at 12:10 pm. Those hours are forever embedded in my memory, and I can't imagine my life without my sweet baby in it. I never really understood unconditional love until I held Carson in my arms. I could go on and on, but then I'd start crying (I'm already choked up), so I'll save it for another blog day. For now, tomorrow is Carson's 1 year b-day and we gave him part of his present last night before bedtime. So far it's a hit.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Oooh! Is it one of the tube crawl through thingies? Fun! And I have to say I remember like it was yesterday...Mike and Becky and me and Jim having a slumber party in our living room knowing we'd get a call that Carson was born any minute... And then it was 6 am and everyone had to go to work. =)

Peaby said...

I don't remember anything about your baby, but the Season 2 premier of Lost was great!

Brazenlilly said...

Um, do you remember the child was, like, NAMED AFTER YOU?!? Yes, I remember being a bit bummed that this life experience was interfering with my Must Watch TV.