Monday, April 07, 2008

I fought the law...

....and I WON! This is really good news, people. I had NOT misread the legal jargon in the teaching license paperwork. All previous paperwork had said I only needed those 3 credits, but this NEW paperwork that I just received said I needed 6 credits. Dr. Roy encouraged me to look back over my paperwork for license renewal and fight the contradiction. So, I got all my evidence out before me --including a copy of the actual Oregon law that Dad printed out for me--and called ready for a fight! Even the mighty TSPC (that's the licensure board for teachers) does NOT want to mess with a tired pregnant woman. The person I talked to told me that I was right...she even had my original letters in front of her. She wasn't sure why this new paperwork said 6 credits, but said it could be they are encouraging people to get 6 because that's what I'll need for the next level of license, or they could be preparing to change the law. (Which is a daily funtime activity for TSPC.) She said just send my transcripts of the 3 I already took. I got her name, date of birth and social security number and told her I would be citing her as my source and she said that is fine. So I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE ANOTHER CLASS! Woohoo! Thank you all for your sympathies. Now we can celebrate together.

7 comments:

woosterweester said...

Again, I find that dessert is appropriate for any occasion.:) Here's a "hallelujah" shout out from LO.

Kristi said...

YEAH! Way to fight! Kinda like me fighting Micky Mouse. Okay, maybe not. I truly am SO happy for you!

Becky said...

Great news Jen!

Steph said...

Sweet! Awesome news! I'm SO glad for you.

sarah said...

That has got to be the best feeling! I'm so happy for you!

johnsonandjohnson said...

I am sure that is a major relief!

Emily said...

Hooray!