Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yes, I'm actually asking for your opinion.

**Post-edit** Thank you all for your good suggestions and kind offers in the comments! I do want to clarify, in case our aquaintances ever stumble onto the blog, that they did attempt to return it. The miscommunication was that they left it at the church and we didn't know that. Then the church didn't know whose it was and so they sold it in a garage sale raising money for missions. So, it went to a good cause, the couple did not make a profit. :) Back to the original post....
For ONCE, I will shorten a long story for you. We got an awesome baby backpack when Carson was born. We didn't know what we were doing when we registered and just stumbled onto a great one that the Bowders and Kolodges got us. Then last summer, we loaned it to a couple we we barely knew and have only seen in passing since. Many months afterwards, there was a miscommunication when we discussed returning the backpack, and we found out a few weeks later that yada, yada, yada....it was sold at a church garage sale. :( If I think about it too much, I get almost sick with disappointment, so I just have to let it go. Here's a pic of Carson at 9 months in the pack with Bapah Roy.


ANYWAY, we need to register for a new one, and I can't find the same one. It was a Snugli brand. I would love to hear from anyone about baby/toddler backpacks that they have/like/don't like so we can make an educated decision. We use it for walking/hiking/camping. Thanks!

9 comments:

Steph said...

Looks like you can get the same one on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Snugli%C2%AE-Terrain-Carrier-Charcoal/dp/B0000W3TX8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1209523882&sr=8-1

Brazenlilly said...

Yeah, Steph! That is the one. I guess I didn't look hard enough when it wasn't available through the usual baby-registry channels. Now, if only I could get it ON the baby reg! At least we know where we can get it. Thanks! Still open for comments if anyone has them.

woosterweester said...

Here's an unsolicited opinion: If I misunderstood that I was supposed to return a kiddie pack I'd borrowed and accidentally sold it at a garage sale, I'd be buying the couple a new one. Just sayin'. J.T. you are one kind and forgiving person...those things aren't cheap, I know.:) My other opinion (two for the price of one today) is that I think it's great how much you guys do outdoors. It inspires me to go camping with the kiddos! Of course, I'll need some of Jen's camping tips...

eets said...

Sarah and I love ours. It's an REI brand. I carried Ethan in it on a 4 mile hike (he walked about half of that, so I guess make it 2 miles) even after he was over 30 pounds and it worked great!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so here's what I've got for you...we have an Evenflow pack that was the "latest and greatest" 6 years ago whe Alexis was born. We have used it for all three kids and loved it (it is by no means beat up though). After watching our little houdini wriggle out of the buckle, climb up/out, and teeter on the arms as it crashed to the garage floor I've decided we are just about past the backpack stage. We would be more than happy to at least let you guys give it a try. Hey, if it works for you, then you can buy some other new "must have" item with the $$$ instead! Let me know.

And I'm with woosterweezer...I think there's a family out there that should be sending you the $$ they made on your pack at least, or a hefty gift card at best!

Kristi said...

i came on here to comment because i thought it would be funny for ME to recommend a backpack, since I am so outdoorsy. But it looks like you found it. yeah. but what a bummer. :o( i hope that friend doesn't read this blog...or maybe she does and that would be good.

Steph said...

I figured as much, I just got excited about finding it. :) Of course, choosing something you can put on the registry sounds better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
It sounds like you may have your answer but I'll put out another recommendation. We have an Ergo soft carrier and absolutely LOVE it. You can use it as a front, back or hip carrier (although I've never used it on my hip). I've carried Lucy for hours in the Ergo and my back never gets sore. Same goes for Dave, too. It's a little pricey but it's been one of our favorite and most used baby items. We use it almost daily.

Good luck on your search!

woosterweester said...

Okay, I just had to check back because we're also in the market for a pack. (Lee wanted me to say we already got a great deal at a church garage sale...:)) Anyway, I hadn't thought about the folks reading your blog, and of course did not mean to stir the pot. I totally understand how those things happen. Blame the rest of my nit-picking on pregnancy hormones.:) And let us know what you end up with!