Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Perfect Storm?

We've entered into a window of time in the ages of our kiddos that is refreshing. Really, it is Sydney's age that is the window, as she is changing so quickly. She's old enough now (almost 5 months) that she's not SO very fragile. I don't--and she doesn't--flinch EVERY time Carson comes bounding over. He's still very intense and often too rough with her, but their encounters rarely end with her crying out of pain or fear as they have previously.
In fact, she ADORES him! She watches him constantly. I can see why he would be more interesting than the other humans in the house; after all, he NEVER STOPS moving, bouncing, jumping, yelling, spinning, swinging, crawling, bucking (as in bucking bronco), climbing, dancing, shaking, etc.
SO, he is interesting to her, and she is still an afterthought for him. She's not crawling into his space, not grabbing for his toys, not climbing on him....yet! He can pay attention to her when he wants and do his own thing without interuption when he wants. But OH does he love his baby sister! When he sets his mind to making her giggle, he stops at nothing to accomplish this goal--which usually doesn't take long.
Here are some pictures of yesterday morning. Love, love, LOVE THEM!





I don't know if YOU can tell, but I can tell that this is not just mid-laugh, but mid belly laugh!And these are from a few days ago.
I had to capture Syd's new skids.

And I am SO bummed that this pic is blurry, because I love their expressions. Well, it's not frame worthy, but it's blog-worthy!










11 comments:

Heidi said...

They are so cute! Capturing the moments with them together is priceless.

And I love that gorgeous quilt too! Did you make that? It's really pretty.

The Brandt Clan said...

So incredibly cute! When you put them together they look so much alike! I've been taking a lot of morning pics of the kids too and they are my favorite (on facebook). Anyway, I know what you mean about how much the little ones love the bigger ones. Andrew will go to great lengths to even get a glimpse of Rachel, and like you said, all she has to do is jump or scream and he will laugh this deep belly laugh, like she's the funniest thing in the world! Love it! Your kids are precious- can't wait till we can all get together again!

woosterweester said...

Oh yes, I love when siblings hit "sweet spots" where whatever phase each one is in seems to be compatible with the other. It's a beautiful thing. They are simply adorable together, and I can already envision what Syd will look like in a couple of years...lots like you Jen!

Alli said...

So cute! I love that he looks like a little Trent and she looks like a little Jen! Very sweet ...

Peaby said...

Man, that's great! I've got a big grin myself now, thanks!

butters said...

Adorable pictures Jen. I love them and what darling kiddos you have. I so love Sydney's shoes... I want a pair!

p.s can we have another girls weekend?! ... as I typed that, Isaac just woke up from a not long enough nap!!

Jo B. said...

Love these shots! Syd is reminding me more and more of you as a baby.
Mom

nabz said...

so super cute jen! the funny thing is i have very similar pics of my kids at about the same age - it was so neat for them to really discover each other. now sage cries every time jay is not around and she has to do everything big bro does. and jay has really become such a good bro taking care of her needs. i love siblings!

Steph said...

*clones*

Very cute ones, at that! Love the belly laugh! Need a squeeze and kiss from Syd!

sarah said...

I love the first one cuz I feel like Sydney's staring right at me with her big eyes. Also I love the foot shot. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

KEY-UUUUTE!!!!! Love it!! -Kel :)