Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Birdie Bath

Many of you know that one of my nicknames for Sydney is Bird (or birdie, birdie-bird, little bird--you get the idea). It just rolled off my tongue one day when she was a newborn, and kind of stuck. It's turned out to be fairly appropriate, as she's quite petite, she eats her food in small little bites or slurps, and she can squawk like a parrot. Also? She LOVES her bathtime! In fact, similar to the way her cousin responds, Sydney is instantly in a good mood if we put her in some water. I've taken to using the sink most often, because it's easier on my back and then I can work in the kitchen. It's not uncommon for me to throw her in there (figure of speech, people) while I'm making dinner or while I'm cleaning up from dinner. She's just so happy and content, and she's right within arms reach. I think you can see on her face what a joy this is for her!


There's a huge grin on her face that's blocked by her forearm.
Man, I love that girl!







8 comments:

Steph said...

I love her, too! Such great pictures, Jen! They capture her perfectly. :) And come on, what's better than a sink and a wooden spoon?

Becky said...

Wish I could just give her a big hug right now! What a cutie pie your little bird is! By the way...loved the easter pictures you posted. I'm a little behind in my comments, but I just couldn't let those go by. Adorable!!

Lyonslove said...

Too cute! I will have to try to sink bath when P is gets older. I was a water kid too.

Unknown said...

It looks like the does the dishes while she is at it too!

johnsonandjohnson said...

how fun! Emily HATED baths until she was 6 or 7 months old, so our sink baths were filled with lots and lots of tears. Your little bird is so cute!

Carrie said...

That is so cute!

The Unlikely Pastor's Wife said...

I just love all the pics you post of the kiddos. They take my breath away every time.
I wish I could be more like you and document more......keep it up my friend :-)

sarah said...

ADORABLE! I so loved holding her for Sunday! What a snuggle bunny! I was hoping you'd forget to take her home =).