Sunday, April 17, 2011

Well...almost.


I've been feeling lately that I need to take a little internet hiatus. To be honest, even though I'm not Catholic, I thought about giving up Facebook for lent, but with the chance of a referral in March, I knew I would not follow through with it! Then I found out that this week (starting tomorrow, Monday) is National Screen Free Week. I'm kind of chicken, and will not be going totally screen free, but I'm going to abstain from my biggest time-suckers, blogging and FB--including reading other blogs. I'll still check my email and do my online banking, etc. My plan is to use the time more purposefully, not just for spiritual things (but I did just start an awesome new study with the moms group!), but also for spending time on the face to face with the kids and getting a few overdue tasks done around here. I'll let you know how it goes and how bad my withdrawals were--when I check back in next Monday! Have a great week.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

For the record, I'm gonna miss you... ;-)

Nina said...

Proud of you Jen...always am. Were given minutes each day to spend and were trying to find the balance in how to spend them! Have a very blessed holy week(: I sure do love you!

Jason and Melissa Overly said...

Hello! Just wanted to let you know I started checking out your blog when I saw the post about the Elephant Song (very cute). I read your posts about your decision to adopt and I felt like I was reading our own story! God is good and sure works in some amazing ways. We are with CHSFS and just brought our Thai son home 2 months ago.
Melissa
mom to Nathan (6 years)
Isaac (3 years)
Luke (2 years, with us from Thailand since
2/9/2011)