Thursday, February 07, 2008

This just in...

I'm sitting in the computer/soon-to-be-new-baby's room, and Carson is playing in his room in a rare moment of self-entertainment. He is pretending to talk to someone/thing, I'm pretty sure it's a dog. (I think I overheard the name Riley, which is his Auntie's dog's name.)

I heard "No no!" and then "Uh-oh. Bummer! Time-out," which is our exact phrase that Carson hears a LOT. Ha! I guess it feels good to punish someone ELSE. (Poor little Phoebe/Phoebo.)

4 comments:

Diane Davis said...

I love watching kids mimic the adults in their life.

This reminds me of when I was in Kenya and my mother sent my five year old neighbor a barbie. Stacy didn't know what to do with it at first, but then she started to play. She put the barbie to her chest and pretended to breast feed. Then she tied the barbie on her back, grabbed a hoe, and started to weed the garden. How great is THAT?

It just shows that kids really do absorb their environment, even when we don't think they are paying attention!

Lyonslove said...

That is such a cute story!

Aj Schwanz said...

Add "look at my eyes" and "do you understand?", and that would be my house. Which is pretty funny to hear in the first place, but especially when heard spoken to the younger brother . . . or the dog. :)

Carrie said...

That is a great story! Wyatt is very liberal in handing out the time outs in his room. Poor stuffed animal/car/puzzle/cat etc.